Evening at Zambezi River, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, May 2015
and so does everything around... the situation, the people, the perspective, the needs.... and we too change.... the wise and courageous seek change.. because only change is constant!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

226. Countdown

This post has been published by me as a part of Blog-a-Ton 55; the fifty-fifth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. In association with Rashmi Kumar, the author of Hooked, Lined and Single and Jyoti Arora, the author of Lemon Girl.

10.
Sometimes I don’t understand my anxiety. I know you are not accountable to us and you always keep the date. However, I still check weather predictions. The news of your arrival helps me to survive the heat.

9.
It is unfair to say that summer is always horrible. The kids have vacations; ample mangoes and rounds of ice-creams. Meeting friends and traveling. However in the corner of my heart, I know I am waiting for you. I know some people around me do not bother about you. They think everything could be purchased by money power. They are wrong. I argue with them. Such arguments make me feel vacant within. I wish you come a bit earlier this year so that I can forget and forgive these people.

8.
In the world I live, there are multiple worlds. Women walk miles for a pot of water; farmers will be forced to either end their life or migrate. Animals are thirsty. The trees are dirty. The sky seems distant. The Sun blazes and we wait for you.

7.
The evening brings cool breeze. On the western horizon I see black clouds. Will you come today? Oh, No!  Within few moments the clouds move. May be not here but somewhere it is raining.

6.
I am away from home for a week. It was work, so I could not avoid it. And then I see you meeting my home town – on the television, in the newspapers, on FB, on social media. Everywhere. Well, what wrong have I done so that you avoid me?

5.
I am frustrated with the heat, with the work, with the world. I feel lonely. I feel like crying. I just want to go away. Problem is: I cannot go away from myself. I know I would be happy again when you come. When are you coming?

4.
They say that you have arrived in Kerala. Good to know. This means another seven days. Life ise worth of all this waiting.

3.
Where is the umbrella? Do I need to purchase raincoat? What about Floaters?
That is the problem of being a human. On one side, I wait for you like I have never longed before. On the other side I am thinking of all the things to protect me from you. Is it not ridiculous? Yes, it is. I can see you smiling on my contradictions.

2.
I feel you around. I smell you. I look at the elephant like clouds, big, black. But they keep on disappearing. Why?

1.
Will you come tomorrow or today? Will you come in the morning or in the evening?

0.

Finally you come.
You make this world beautiful. You change lives. You make lives. You bring smiles. You bring value to everything around. You bring smiles.
Thanks for coming!
The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. Participation Count: 48. Image Credits: Monsoon by Yann (Wikimedia Commons). Shared with GNU Free Documentation License CC Attribution-Share Alike.

16 comments:

  1. 10. Thanks for writing!
    9. This is something new!
    8. Interesting read!
    7. After reading point no.5, I got into the story!
    6. Thought, I will comment like what you wrote!
    5. Keep writing for BAT!
    4. Good luck for BAT55!
    3. Always enjoyed reading your blog posts!
    2. Just 2 more editions to go!
    1. Advance congratulations to the Queen of Blog-a-Ton!

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Guwahati, where I live now, it rains often, the monsoons are not that eagerly awaited or appreciated but thinking of Delhi, I could identify with your words completely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Monsoon in Maharashtra is different than in Delhi, I guess.

      Delete
  3. ten points beautifully set the environment for rainfall to come which came with joy,hope and smiles, loved your writing

    My Blogaton55 post The Monsoon Pain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious, refreshing....Got drenched!!! Fabulous style of writing...smart!! Superlike !!!
    ATB for BAT....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats creative post :) Nice...loved the line -- On the other side I am thinking of all the things to protect me from you. Is it not ridiculous?

    Well yes Monsoon has come and almost swept away Mumbai.

    Check out my post - The garlic soup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I'm so surprised to read such different styles this BAT. Your post made me feel . . Nostalgic. That's how I'm. I check accuweather to find out, when is it going to rain. But as we grow up...We avoid getting drenched. I feel getting drenched in rain is therapeutic!

    Your prompt is simple and right from the heart.. I loved the way this monsoon pic became the part of your post.

    Regards,
    Megha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megha. Initially I was confused thinking why Megha has written two different comments. Then I realized that there are two of you. :-)

      Delete
  7. Simple, yet very beautiful post. All the best for BAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could not resist commenting. Well written!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your Feedback.